SHAWBURY PARISH COUNCIL ANNUAL GRANTS
Each financial year the Parish Council sets a budget to enable it to make small grants to assist in the administration of:
(a) Local Clubs or Societies:
(b) Regional/National Charitable Bodies providing a service which may benefit local parishioners.
- Members judge applications on merit and the grant provided is unlikely to exceed £100.00
- An application for a grant must be made in writing by a responsible member of the organisation and sent to the Parish Clerk, including with the application a copy of the most recent audited accounts.
- Applications may be made at any time during the year but will only be considered at the Council meeting held in February, with approved grants being paid after the Council’s meeting in March.
- At times the Council will also make grants to Parish clubs or societies to help with the cost of clearly defined development projects.
- These grants will not normally exceed £500.00
- Application for this type of grant must be made in writing by a responsible member of the organisation and sent to the Parish Clerk, including full details of the project and relevant quotations.
- A member of the organisation may be asked to attend a Council meeting to discuss the application.