Home / What our Priorities are and how we are doing
What our Priorities are and how we are doing
The Council’s aim is to maintain a cost effective service that provides a pleasant, safe and clean environment for residents of all ages.
- Maintain strict budgetary controls and ensure that adequate insurance cover is in place
- Endeavour to raise grant aid from varied sources to enable additional developments to take place.
- Provide finance for the collection of litter on a daily basis and encourage residents to participate in regular litter collection events.
- Maintain a close relationship with the local RAF base.
- Maintain and where appropriate, improve street lighting throughout the parish
- Work closely with representatives of Shropshire Council’s Youth Service to identify and where possible, meet the identified needs of young people.
- Work closely with Shropshire Council’s Community Regeneration Team to identify projects and possible additional funding.
- Maintain the play area facilities to a high standard.
- Encourage young people to become actively involved in activities which improve the environment and to participate in Council activity.
- Work in partnership with the police service to provide an environment which is safe for all residents.
- Encourage residents to attend Council meetings and become involved in parish developments
- Work closely with the Planning Authority to monitor possible development in the Parish and involve residents in this process.
- Work in partnership with Shropshire Council’s Highways Department to ensure that roads and footpaths are maintained to an acceptable standard and that measures are taken to control vehicle speed throughout the parish.
- Consider and where possible activate issues raised in the recently completed Parish Plan and continue to consult with residents about issues which affect them.
- Work with English Heritage to continue to develop the Moat area and make it an attractive and valuable asset for the community
- Work closely with the Village Hall Committee to provide clubs and recreational facilities for residents of all ages and promote activities which encourage community involvement.
- Work with the Parochial Church Council in the provision of a well maintained burial ground.
Shawbury Parish Plan
The following have helped to prepare the Shawbury Parish Plan
Chairman: Richard Bailey.
Adrian Brown, Margaret Cook, Heather Currie,
Stewart Dodd, James Gilchrist, Flt Lt Russ Gleeson,
Carl Kovacs, Manda McGregor, David Roberts, Jane
Roberts, Keith Williamson and Bill Wilson
Please see the related files below.